Equivia Fibremix is a blended un waxed sand and fibre surface.
Due to its fibre content it has more ‘root structure’ and energy return compared to sand alone. If maintained correctly, this will allow horses to work more on top of the surface, rather than into it, creating a more stable footing compared to dry un-waxed sand.
The fibre content also helps reduce tracking, surface displacement and improves energy return. The high fibre content has excellent moisture retaining qualities, and if maintained correctly can offer a cost effective user friendlier version of alternative dry un-waxed surfaces.
It is always important to keep an unwaxed surface moist for optimum performance – either through rainfall or watering.
Equivia Fibremix, with varying amounts of fibre content, if maintained correctly, can be used for all disciplines.
Equivia Fibremix (un waxed):
- Must be kept moist
- Has excellent moisture retaining qualities
- Can be used both indoor and outdoor
- Improves energy return (compared to just sand)
- Improves footing stability (compared to just sand)
- Helps to create a more consistent surface (compared to just sand)